Science Fiction

I love science fiction. Love it, love it, love it, love it...

Why? I like the idea of something more out there - worlds, alternate universes, other species, the possibility of travelling to other galaxies.

Sure, there's a good chance the above may well bring about our demise, but there's an equally good chance it will all be awesome.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Get me outta here!

I sometimes wonder whether dreams are only dreams. Yes, okay, this is going to be one of those surreal kind of blogs that sit on the very edge of sci-fi...sorry about that...

Last night I had a dream that I was on a planet far, far away (that sounds familiar!), and I was really happy. The planet wasn't necessarily beautiful - in fact it was pretty much rocky with a few oasis type places where the few people on the planet lived. There were no real buildings, no technology (don't scream...life CAN be worth living without computers...), and people only did what they needed to do to survive. It was some kind of utopian society, without the bullshit of everyone seeming to have something up their individual bottoms.

In the dream I knew about Earth, but I didn't want to go back. And, damn this dream seemed real. I've often wondered if there is something more to dreams - is it possible that they are not always just dreams, but may be something more? Perhaps even a way to see alternatives to what we have here?

I'd like to think so.

It's not that this planet is so awful, but sometimes I like to think there is more than this. Maybe it's even possible to enter a 'dream' and stay there.

There seem to be lights outside my house...hmmm...what do those men in white coats want?

No comments:

Post a Comment